PAROLE BOARDS AND OTHER PLACES

Wednesday, March 10, 2010





free counters
A Dame that looked like you
By
James Bredin

Were your that girl who almost made me mad, fifty years ago?
That was long before the pill when good girls always said "No!"
With straight black seams in your nylon stocking down the back of your legs,
The world seemed slower and simpler then with different rules and regs.


While passing, I just caught a quick glance of your name tag and your face,
As you sat with the others in the lobby of the seniors' place,
You didn't recognize me because I too have grown old,
Don't look a bit like I did when I was young and very bold.


But you still look good or is that my memory playing tricks?
Should I introduce myself but that was always a risk,
Because dames who looked as good as you, had nothing to do with me,
You could have picked anyone you wanted as far as the eye could see.

Mar 10th, 2010


http://shamus111.tripod.com/