PAROLE BOARDS AND OTHER PLACES

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

LEARN CHINESE JULY 11TH, 2012

free counters







LEARN CHINESE   July 11th, 2012
By

If it was Gaelic they were speaking I might catch a word or two,
But Toronto has turned Chinese and I don’t have a clue,
So I think I should learn Mandarin and then we can get along,
I don’t know; but is that the language they speak in Hong Kong?




I just looked it up on the Internet and found out to my surprise,
They have more than a hundred languages so I can’t improvise,
Has an English-speaking Canadian ever learned Chinese?
Which is easier to learn – Mandarin or Cantonese?




Years ago, I thought of becoming bilingual and learning French,
But Canada is has gone multicultural down a communication trench,
And now I have to find out where they teach easy Chinese,
And maybe eventually, I can pretend I’m Cantonese.

July 11th, 2012