PAROLE BOARDS AND OTHER PLACES

Friday, April 4, 2014

COULD I GET AN APPOINTMENT? APR 4TH, 2014

free counters







COULD I GET AN APPOINTMENT? … APR 4TH, 2014
BY
JAMES BREDIN

Being a political appointee is about who you know,
And it helps if you are very rich and have lots of dough,
And you can stay there on those red chairs until you are seventy five,
No one knows what you do there except that you stay alive.


I'd like a Senate appointment but I have no connections,
Who or where can I go to get the proper directions?
And I'm over seventy five so maybe they think I'm too old,
And they don't like death-with-dignity, so I'm out in the cold.


And we don't have referendums or recall which they don't want,
But I could pretend that I'm one of them and nonchalant,
I could try not to cause a scandal but that may not be enough,
Could I bring my laptop or would that be considered too rough?


APR 4TH, 2014