PAROLE BOARDS AND OTHER PLACES

Thursday, December 22, 2011

TURN BACK THE TIME Dec 22nd, 2011

free counters





TURN BACK THE TIME Dec 22nd, 2011
By

Sometimes I see an old guy I knew and maybe should still know,
But then I realize the guy I knew died fifty years ago,
Then I realize it’s been a long time since I was offshore,
And wish I could go back and do it all again once more.



And no one has yet figured out a way to turn back the time,
Our politically correct politicians would call this a crime,
But I’d like to know how many of my old comrades are alive,
We were all in Havana long before Castro arrived.


I know; I know, that many of them are long dead and buried long ago
I don’t even know if any of them got married and I just don’t know
Because the RCN was good back then but Halifax was not,
It was something that wasn’t said as though they had a blind spot

Dec 22nd, 2011