PAROLE BOARDS AND OTHER PLACES

Monday, June 11, 2012

ALCOHOLICS I KNEW BACK THEN JUNE 11TH, 2012

free counters











Alcoholics I knew back then       June 11th, 2012

By


My old alcoholic friends who didn’t get hangovers; are all dead,
But I suffered from Monday to Wednesday with a pain in my head,
And the price of booze was extortionate which should have been a hint,
A man could go broke and sick and his eyes could loose their glint.




But the blackouts were the worst of all, with memories gone,
Hours spent, don’t know where or when, sometimes till break of dawn,
What and who caused that damage to my van and where and when?
Was it at the tavern parking lot or was it behind the inn?




And having something to drink was the ultimate cause in life,
Nothing else mattered because a drink could cure all medical strife,
With good friends at the liquor store door when it opened in the morning,

Announcing their alcohol medical problems; forewarning.  

June 11th, 2012