PAROLE BOARDS AND OTHER PLACES

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

EUTHANASIA BY 2042 SEPT 19TH, 2012

free counters









EUTHANASIA by 2042 Sept 19th, 2012
By

I’d like to die in twenty forty two if that’s okay with you,
On a warm day in July when I finally think I’m through,
I’ll be a hundred and five by then and that’s a good age to die,
Maybe euthanasia will be allowed and I can say goodbye.




But maybe not because our Supreme Court can be pretty thick,
And party-thinking politicians too, can be thick as a brick,
But maybe they’ll allow binding referendums by then,
But maybe not because we’ve tried over and over again.




So in twenty forty two, watch for my name in the obituaries,
By then, you yourself, might be one of the dignitaries,
Maybe by then though, someone may have read these lines,
And realize the complete lack of democracy signs.

Sept 19th, 2012