PAROLE BOARDS AND OTHER PLACES

Saturday, November 22, 2014

free counters




I’M GETTING WORRIED …. JAN 8TH, 2014
BY
James Bredin

I’m worried because I’m getting old and I’m running out of time,
But if I could arrange when and where and why to die, that would be fine,
But our Supreme Court will not allow death-with-dignity now,
So it’s my schedule and their schedule in conflict somehow.


And as a mere member of society, I’m not allowed to change much,
I should shut up, say nothing, be quiet and just go to church,
But the Swiss have binding referendums so why can’t we?
They don’t have to always bow our heads, say yes and please.

If we had binding referendums, we could decide what to change,
Death-with-dignity could be voted on and then not seem so strange,
But our hundreds of appointees in the Senate don’t want this,
A referendum to end their cushy jobs could be their abyss.

Jan 8th, 2014