PAROLE BOARDS AND OTHER PLACES

Sunday, November 2, 2014

I'M GETTING VERY OLD ... NOV 2ND, 2014

free counters



Photo on 2013-02-14 at 15.46.jpg

I'M GETTING VERY OLD ….    NOV 2ND, 2014
BY
JAMES BREDIN

I can tell by looking at myself, that I'm getting very old,
Many of my old comrades are dead and that was sad, so I've been told,
So every day, I get a little closer to the day I will die,
This final event cannot be planned and I don't know why.


When I go to a reunion meeting and know no one there,
I was retired before they even arrived and why should they care?
Its as if I never did belong so its better that I was  gone,
Times have changed these days and now no one sings a song.


And death with dignity cannot even be mentioned or discussed,
There's no need to agree so you can just turn you head in disgust,
And those who are locked in religions have already sold their souls,
Death with dignity, they've been told, is not one of their goals.

NOV 2ND 2014