PAROLE BOARDS AND OTHER PLACES

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

free counters









A GIRL IN DERRY June 21st, 2011
By
jamesbredin.com



A girl in Derry long ago said that I was full of lust,
She was probably pompously right as she left me in the dust,
Said she was going to join the convent the very next week,
I often wondered about her and if I had met a freak.



And if she’s in a convent, still alive, would she remember me?
A wandering Canadian sailor from far across the sea,
But that was very long ago, even long before the pill,
Before many lovely ladies went crazy but some don’t still.



Is there something I may have missed somewhere along the way?
Lots of things forgotten so I should have kept a dossier,
Or wrote a sexy novel about the people and events,
Could have been a best seller because of the contents.

June 21st, 2011