PAROLE BOARDS AND OTHER PLACES

Sunday, October 20, 2013

WHEN TIME STOOD STILL ... OCT 20TH, 2013

free counters



WHEN TIME STOOD STILL … OCT 20TH, 2013
BY



When I look at old pictures of County Clare; it’s as though I’m there,
Like time stood still and I’m standing on Daniel O’Connell Square,
And all those guys and girls were still alive when times stood still,
Where everyone seemed happy and proud and pleased amid the goodwill.



And emigration was something that was never needed in Clare,
Because we had plenty of jobs and we didn’t have to go over there,
But then I think, they may be dead and I’m the only one left,
And I came back from over there and found the great place bereft.



I’m almost afraid to ask because I can’t find the folk I knew,
Long ago in the town of Ennis where we all played and grew,
He’s dead and she’s dead is repeated to make me aware,
As though all my old friends had vanished into thin air.

Oct 23rd, 2013