PAROLE BOARDS AND OTHER PLACES

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I STILL THINK IN MILES

free counters






By


I have a problem in that my mind still operates in miles,
I know I should apologize to some bureaucrat who smiles,
Do they think we live in Europe hidden in France somewhere?
Trying to adapt to liters instead of gallons in this affair?




When bureaucrats are given the power to write all the rules,
They sanctimoniously organize what’s right for us fools,
And their bureaucracies expand by day and by night,
And we don’t realize that we are in for a fright.




And my inch tape, thank you, ten feet, still works fine for me,
Inches in all the instructions and directions I see,
Even on TV, they tend to talk in inches yards and miles,
And this is not something special they are doing on trials.

Jan 18th, 2012