PAROLE BOARDS AND OTHER PLACES

Friday, January 17, 2014

SEAMS IN THEIR STOCKINGS ... JAN 17TH, 2014

free counters





SEAMS IN THEIR STOCKINGS  … JAN 17TH, 2014
BY
JAMES BREDIN

There was a time when ladies wore stockings with straight seams up the back,
Nylons mesmerized me and my friends -- every Tom, Dick and Jack,
Whatever happened to those days and those lovely ladies and those times?
Have they disappeared forever and why do I remember sometimes?



There was something about those times that comes back in my mind,
It comes and goes but I’m still searching for their beautiful designs,
Because their replacements now wear black tight leotard stockings,
Or tight black slacks that appear to me to be just mocking.



The magic of it all seems lost somewhere in another time,
Could these changes be compared to an environmental crime?
Or maybe it’s just me still stuck in those days long ago,
Just after the Toronto ice storm and still digging snow.

JAN 17TH, 2014